RIVAGE PM Firmware V6.01
RIVAGE PM Firmware / Editor / StageMix Compatibility
Follow the version compatibility chart in the link below to make sure that all firmware versions are compatible with CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, CS-R5, CS-R3, DSP-R10, DSP-RX, DSP-RX-EX, RPio622, RPio222, RIVAGE PM Editor, RIVAGE PM StageMix, and MonitorMix when you operate the RIVAGE PM system. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
For TWINLANe network cards to be updated simultaneously with their host device (HY256-TL, HY256-TL-SMF), install them into a corresponding slot. If any additional cards are installed after performing the update, please execute the update program again.
To update a Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC), use the Dante Firmware Update Manager or the Dante Updater of Dante Controller.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V6.01
- Genius.lab* functionality has been added.
* Genius.lab is a functionality that allows you to freely set up a sequence of actions (= macros) to be executed when certain conditions are met.
- Interphase* plug-in has been added.
*Interphase is a plug-in that adjusts the time and polarity between two channels using Delay, Polarity, and an All-Pass filter. By adjusting these parameters, the two channels can be time and polarity aligned.
- FET LIMITER and DIODE BRIDGE compressor options have been added to Channel DYNAMICS types.
- A MIX BALANCE parameter has been added to all channel DYNAMICS types.
- DM3, DM7/DM7 Compact, DME7, and Tio1608-D2 have been added to the SUPPORTED DEVICE list in the DANTE DEVICE SELECT pop-up screen.
- A mode has been added to Store and Recall CUSTOM FADER LAYER channel assignments with Scenes.
- The NOMINAL POSITION of PAN can now be selected between LR NOMINAL and CENTER NOMINAL.
- A PHASE reverse switch has been added to all MIX buses, MATRIX buses, and STEREO buses.
- Output load impedance of OMNI OUT and RY16-DA can now be selected from 600Ω and 10kΩ.
Improvements and Changes in V6.01
- Improved behavior regarding synchronization of BPM and tap tempo of plug-ins.
- A PHONES LEVEL LINK button has been added to the MONITOR SETTING pop-up screen.
- When a USER DEFINED key is used to enter the SENDS ON FADER mode to a specified bus, the mix select pop-up screen will no longer open.
- Word clock leader indication for the DSP icon has been added on the SYSTEM screen.
- In THEATRE MODE, the state of the CH ON FOLLOWS DCA ASSIGN setting now remains in place following a power cycle.
- Changed the display on the OVERVIEW screen and DYNAMICS1/2 pop-up screens (CH 1-72, CH73-144, MIX, MTRX/ST) to show dynamics on/off status.
- The output port on the OUTPUT tab of the DANTE PATCH pop-up screen now displays the name of the channel being patched.
- RY cards that do not have an INPUT PORT cannot be set to TWINLANe assignment ON.
- Plug-in parameters can now be changed by touch-and-drag on screen.
- Fader Banks to be displayed in RIVAGE PM Editor can now be assigned for Recall Safe/Focus Recall and Global Paste.
Fixed bugs in V6.01
- Fixed a problem in which DANTE PATCH could be changed when loading a settings file, even though the DANTE PATCH (NAME) BY - DANTE CONTROLLER was selected.
- Fixed a problem that caused a DANTE DEVICE to remain Virtual in certain rare cases when a settings file was loaded.
- Fixed a problem in which, in a system with multiple DSP engines, the TWINLANe network assignment might be removed when one of the DSP engines was restarted.
- Fixed a problem in which the lowest event in the event list was executed if there was a glitch (discontinuity) in timecode into the system.
- Fixed a bug that caused faders to move incorrectly in rare cases when switching fader layers on the CS-R3.
- Fixed a problem in which the global pasting of stereo input channels would cause the L-ISA-related parameters of the L channel to be copied over to the R channel and become identical.
- Fixed a problem in which the network or connected device status of a card mounted in the HY slot was incorrectly displayed as an error in rare cases during system startup.
- Fixed a problem that caused an incorrect Cooling Fan State:[Error] log entry to be generated as the system was turned off.
- Fixed a problem in which PROGRAM CHANGE was output from the MIDI OUT of the console when a scene was recalled in PREVIEW mode.
- Fixed a problem with the RIVAGE PM Editor in which the BAY MODE setting for CUE A/B was not reflected in the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW.
- Fixed a problem, on CS-R3 only, in which pressing the HOME key when nothing is bookmarked to the key caused the currently selected channel to be unselected, and the system might then be forced to restart when displaying the EQ pop-up screen in this state.
- Fixed a problem where one type of Output Bus could be wrongly copied to a different type of Output Bus by using the COPY & PASTE keys on the console’s top panel.
Notices in version updating
- When updating CS-R5 from V4.00, the touch panels may not respond when the update is completed. If this happens, skip the proper shutdown procedure and turn the power switches off and back on again. The console will operate normally once correctly updated to V5.00.
- When updating console or DSP firmware, the progress bar may stop or the update may close with an error. If this continues for 10 minutes or longer, turn the power to the device off and on, and then retry the firmware update.
- It is not possible to update DSP-RX(-EX) when using DSP Mirroring and the engine is in ‘Standby’ state. Please set DSP-RX(-EX) to ‘Active’ state and then proceed with the update.
- The project file saving method has been changed from V1.20.
When loading a project file saved by V1.16 or earlier, the patching of plug-ins may be unintentionally removed. If this happens, manually patch them again.
- When loading a project file saved by V1.21 and earlier, the RACK Focus status indicator on the SCENE screen may not light even if effect plug-ins or GEQs are the target of Focus Recall. To indicate the Focus status properly, open the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) pop-up screen once, and then close it. After doing this, save the revised project file to remove this problem in the future.
Notices in version downgrading
- Do not load a project file saved by V1.51 and later to a system running V1.21 and earlier. When loading, all plug-ins will be un-mounted in all Scenes including the current memory. In this case, re-mounting and setting up of parameters will be required.
- When downgrading the firmware, be sure to initialize all systems after downgrading.
- When loading data including the MixToInput settings of the V3.00 system, the MixToInput function will work in RIVAGE PM systems even of less than V3.00. However, be careful of the possibility of unwanted signal loops, etc.
Notices for usage
- The RIVAGE PM can only play back MP3 and WAV files whose file name is no longer than 60 single-byte characters or 20 double-byte characters excluding the extension. Please note that a file name exceeding this limit will not appear in the list on the RECORDER window.
- An error dialog “Console Network ring connection open! Check cable connection.” may rarely be displayed when the sampling rate is changed on the WORD CLOCK screen. However, it does not affect the actual operation.
- When INPUT patching is performed with the maximum number of channels of the HY256-TL or HY256-TL-SMF card exceeding 256, it appears to be correctly patched but no patch is established and no audio is input.
- In rare cases, a “DSP Disconnected!” message could be shown. If the message appears, take the following course of action:
- Re-Sync manually. Check this first for the fastest possible recovery (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, use the [RESET] button on the back of the console (Operations 1 and 2 do not mute the audio).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the console.
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the DSP Engine (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7) (Operations 3 and 4 mute the audio).
- If you recall a Scene in which a very high HA gain was set, from a scene having a low HA gain, even if no signal is patched, a very loud pink noise signal is occasionally output for a few seconds.
- When a certain type of USB keyboard is connected to the console, the following message may appear:
You must restart your computer to apply these changes [Restart Now] [Restart Later]If this message is shown, remove this USB keyboard. It is not compatible with the console and cannot be used. The console does not need to be restarted.
- When a DSP mirroring failover occurs and the DSP engine B is set to active while the DSP engine A is the word clock leader and is still powered on, the Word Clock leader will not change automatically. To prevent audio dropouts, do not turn off the power of the DSP engine A even after a failover occurs.
- The channel name LCD cannot display unsupported characters such as Japanese kanji used in the Dante channel labels.
- If there are multiple DSPs in the same TWINLANe ring, or multiple HY144-D or HY144-D-SRC cards in the same Dante network in one DSP, only one of the cards should be enabled for SYNC TO EXTERNAL and that card should be set as the PTP LEADER.
- The Dante Domain Manager (DDM) SMPTE flow is displayed as AES67 to patch. There is no problem in the actual operation.
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020
You Also Need
- HY144-D Firmware V188.8.131.52_3.1.1
- HY144-D-SRC Firmware V184.108.40.206_3.1.1
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.1.1 for Mac macOS 12, 11 (Intel/Apple silicon), 10.15-10.13 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.1.1 for Win 11/10/8.1 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM StageMix
- MonitorMix (iOS)
- MonitorMix (Android)
- RIVAGE PM Block Diagram
- RIVAGE PM series Data List
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ データリスト
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [English]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Español]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Français]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Português]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [中文]
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ V5 オペレーションマニュアル
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM10 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM7 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix ユーザーガイド
- MonitorMix User Guide [English]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Español]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Français]
- MonitorMix ユーザーガイド