SIAM MUSIC YAMAHA CO., LTD. (“Yamaha”) believes that protecting the personal data of each customer (a “customer” or “you”) is Yamaha’s obligation under laws and ordinances as well as an essential social responsibility.
- When you have entered into a contract executed with Yamaha such as distributor agreement, franchisee agreement supplier agreement;
- When you have requested, registered, ordered or purchased Yamaha’s product, services and music school courses, which held by Yamaha and/or Yamaha owned the exclusive rights to provide and distribute under Yamaha’s qualities and standards (“Yamaha Products and Services”);
- When you requested or registered to use the Yamaha Products and Services (In the scope of Yamaha’s responsibility as a data controller in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law);
- When you have visited or communicated with Yamaha via email, phone, line account and other online channels of Yamaha under your interests such as websites, social media platforms of Yamaha’s official accounts and/or other online platforms, where Yamaha has rights to process your personal data under the Personal Data Protection Law;
- When you have answered Yamaha’s survey or joined Yamaha’s marketing promotions;
- When you have agreed to receive news and information on the updates and benefits from Yamaha;
- When you have participated Yamaha’s events, similar and activities;
- Upon your payments and transactions related to the Yamaha Products and Services, we shall keep the payment and transaction-related data;
- When you have visited, logged-in and/or used features through websites, where operated by Yamaha.
● Personal data from other sources
- The individual and company that introduce you to Yamaha, including but not limited to Yamaha’s business distributors, agents, outsources of Yamaha and the business owners of Yamaha music schools (“Yamaha Music School”), which Yamaha has legal relationships for the purposes of providing the Yamaha’s Products and Services;
- Yamaha Corporation and other companies in Yamaha’s affiliates, which are lawfully entitled to disclose personal data to Yamaha;
- The individual business and companies in which you are a director, authorized person, agent, employee, outsource, contractor, and assigned or contact person (“Personnel of Business Partner");
- Social media service providers and other technology providers.
- Name, surname, title, age, date of birth, email address and physical contact address, location, phone number, gender, occupation and type of business, previous and present places of work or study, education information, information regarding social media, user ID and account, reference number, information regarding visits to Yamaha’s stores, the Yamaha Products and Services purchased;
- Information presented on the copies of government identification and certificates of commercial business such as national identification card, passport number, house registration certificate, commercial registration certificate, tax registration information, birth certificate, certificate of name and surname change registration or other identification documents that can be used as the same purposes;
- Information provided via questionnaires or campaigns;
- Information necessary for product or service transactions or support (serial number, purchasing history, payment methods, bank account numbers, and the like);
- Information generated from use of the Yamaha’s Products and Services (reference code, methods of use for products, frequency of use, and the like);
- Information generated from inquiries to Yamaha (your phone number, information regarding social media, user ID and account history of requests for repairs and the like, information regarding the Yamaha Products and Services difficulties, and the like);
- Information generated from participations and transactions with Yamaha (history of participation in concerts, events, auditions, activities and contests held, co-operated or co-sponsored by Yamaha (including photos, voice and video recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), history of participation in music school classes, courses, and the like operated by Yamaha or received from Yamaha Music School under the legal basis according to the Personal Data Protection Law (including photos, voice and video recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances and other activities related to such participation), purchasing or use history for the Yamaha Products and Services, history of licenses, use, and the like for artworks (including musical pieces) in which Yamaha owns rights;
- Information generated from the use of software or the internet, where Yamaha has the rights to process under the Personal Data Protection Law (information obtained from cookies, etc., information regarding browsers and operating systems of devices you use, location information, service use information, webpages you browse, links you click, emails from Yamaha you open, IP addresses, countries of access, number of users, access dates and the like);
- Information provided by Yamaha’s questionnaires or campaigns;
- Information provided by business operators who perform services using information that can distinguish between, but not identify, individual persons (such as advertising identifiers under your consent);
- Information on social media platforms of Yamaha official accounts. (with your interest or request);
- Other related information to necessarily facilitate Yamaha’s business operation and management such as records in CCTV and information related to court order and/or Yamaha’s compliance with law.
- Provision, maintenance, protection, provision of information on campaigns, new Yamaha products and services, and the like, implementation of questionnaires, after-sales service for products, and protection of customers;
- Contact regarding transactions;
- Provision of the Yamaha Products and Services;
- Provision of payment and related transaction;
- Account creation and management;
- Performance of agreements executed with Yamaha (payment processing, etc.);
- Management of copyrights and neighboring rights for sound sources;
- Implementation of service activities and handling of repairs during the warranty period and after-sales care after such implementation of service activities and handling of repairs related to the Yamaha’s Products and Services;
- Responses to inquiries, requests for brochures, or other requests;
- Exercise of rights or performance of obligations under agreements, laws, the Personal Data Protection Law and the like;
- Screening conducted when applications are submitted for rental instruments;
- Communication or receipt / delivery of documents or parcels.Provision of notices regarding products and services handled by Yamaha and announcements regarding events.
- To comply with the Personal Data Protection law.
- To comply with applicable laws related to us (such as Computer-related Crime Law, Electronic Transaction Law, Consumer Protection Law, laws and ordinances related to Tax and Accounting and other laws which we are bound to comply with).
- Conducting customer database or recording data in the system or database;
- Recording video and taking pictures as appropriate in concerts, events, auditions, and contests held, co-operated or co-sponsored by Yamaha (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances);
- Satisfaction survey and assessment after use of products and / or services;
- Debt collection;
- Litigation or other legal processes;
- Use of CCTV, control of entry / exit of Yamaha’s premises;
- Management of complaints or suspicious incidents;
- IT operation, system management and prevention, response and mitigation of security incident;
- Facilitation for joining activities, events, campaigns or meeting held, co-operated or co-sponsored by Yamaha;
- Analysis, research and / or conducting report for Yamaha’s internal uses;
- Improvement of the Yamaha Products and Services, development of the new Yamaha Products and Services;
- Management of Yamaha’s business distributors, Yamaha Music School and related Personnel of Business Partner such as administrative staffs and teachers under Yamaha’s qualities and standards;
- Provision of notices regarding the Yamaha’s Products and Services that you have requested, and announcements regarding events or related benefits as appropriate;
- Provision of public announcements regarding the products, services, events, and the like of Yamaha Corporation and companies affiliated with Yamaha.
- Analyses, and / or research for development, improvement of the Yamaha Products and Services that require your consent in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law;
- Marketing operations, offering for the Yamaha’s Products and Services, privileges provided by Yamaha that require your consent in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law;
- Recording and disclosure of your personal data such as video, voice, speech and personal photo for commercial purposes to be published via the online and offline channels.
- Prevention or cessation of danger to a person’s life, body or health;
- Conducting historical documents or annals for public benefit or related to study, research or statistics;
- Operation of public benefit or performance of duties in using the government’s authority granted to Yamaha.
|Type of recipients||Examples|
Companies in Yamaha’s group
- Yamaha Corporation and its affiliates
- Siam Motor Co., Ltd.
To provide you the Yamaha Products and Services
- Distributors of Yamaha products
- Yamaha Music School
- Other service outsources and agents
To facilitate the Yamaha Products and Services
-Technology service providers i.e. Cloud computing service provider, data center, data platform, developer and vendor, who has accessed your personal data
- Online social media providers
-Document or parcel delivery provider
Person determined by laws
In some cases, Yamaha may be required to disclose your personal data for compliance with the order of persons having legal authority or legal rights and / or for compliance with laws
Advisors / experts
For the benefit of Yamaha, Yamaha may disclose your Personal Data to external auditors, legal advisors, service consultant or other advisors or experts, as the case may be
Any other third parties
-The persons with whom you have entered into a contract or have relationship relating to the provision of the Yamaha Products and Services (such as authorized or contact person, teacher, student, and parent or statutory agents)
- Merger & acquisition, reorganization of Yamaha and possession and transfer of rights related to the Yamaha’s Products and Services
Transferring personal data under PDPA
Yamaha takes great care to ensure your personal data is processed. From time to time, Yamaha may transfer your personal data outside of Thailand. In these cases, Yamaha ensures that an adequate level of data protection is afforded by the recipient prior to disclosing your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances, including the PDPA.
Where the PDPA is not applicable.
You could submit your request via Yamaha Data Subject Request Form here: Click
Data Protection Office
SIAM MUSIC YAMAHA CO., LTD.
3,4,15 and 16th Fl., Siam Motors Building,
891/1 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel. (66) 02 821-6955